SecuGen iD Serial Fingerprint Reader
- Special Order
- 0.30 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
The ID-SERIAL is a fingerprint authentication system designed for integration into applications such as point-of-sale (POS), time and attendance tracking or any other application where a serial interface is preferred. The ID-SERIAL incorporates SecuGen’s stand-alone SDA04P™ module, featuring a ruggedized, high image quality fingerprint optic module, an on-board processor, serial cable and external power supply.
In addition to fingerprint enrollment, matching and storage capabilities, the ID-SERIAL includes SecuGen’s high speed SecuSearch™ fingerprint identification algorithm for extremely fast 1:N search capabilities.
The ID-SERIAL has an RS-232 interface and uses an RJ-22 modular jack for maximum flexibility in cable configurations. The serial interface supports communication speeds up to 460800 BPS. Integration of the ID-SERIAL into any application is facilitated by the ID-SERIAL Developer’s Kit, which is sold separately.
- High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
- Auto-On™ – automatic finger detection technology
- Smart Capture™ – high quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers (dry, wet, scarred) in challenging environments and conditions such as under direct sunlight
- Fingerprint capture and template creation with option to use proprietary or ANSI-INCITS 378-2004 standard formats
- Capability to transmit templates to separate central server/database for storage and matching
- Available on-board 1:1 and 1:N (SecuSearch®) matching algorithms with optional internal storage capacity of 3,000 users
- Serial RS-232 interface with RJ-22 modular jack for maximum flexibility in cable configurations
- Surface mountable with integrated screw mounts
- Integrated finger guide
- Designed for ready access by any finger in any orientation
- Power adapter
- One year limited warranty
Benefits of Using SecuGen Fingerprint Readers
Backed by the industry’s best warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions, SecuGen fingerprint readers provide consistent performance and security for a growing number of applications in physical and information security, point-of-sale, time & attendance, and access control systems.
When used for biometric authentication as part of an overall security program, SecuGen fingerprint readers can help reduce the hassles of password overload, decrease the risks of security breaches, improve accountability and add true non-repudiation, all while making it more convenient and intuitive for almost any user. Look to SecuGen for advanced, fingerprint biometric technologies that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
- Device Model XSDA04P™
- Fingerprint Sensor SecuGen SDA04P™
- Dimensions 140 mm x 88 mm x 67 mm
- Weight 190 g
- Accessories Included Cable: RJ-22 male to DB9 female (connects iD-SERIAL to DB9 serial port of host PC), length 6 ft. (1.8 m)
- Power adapter: 3.3V DC A/C
Subject to stock availability, for UK shipments we use a next day courier service to mainland UK, and a 48-hour service to Ireland. Other destination in Europe are 3-5 days. The daily cut-off for dispatching goods is 11am daily. Delivery cannot be guaranteed.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world but there are Export License restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to certain international destinations. Battery shipment is also restricted by airline regulations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
We aim to accurately reflect the stock position of our warehouse, but we cannot guarantee accuracy due to multiple shipment channels.
If we experience a stock shortage, then we will aim to give to an estimated date of dispatch, and confirm more formally once the manufacturer shipment has occurred. You mat cancel your order during this process.
Our 1st inspection policy permits you to return new, unopened and unused items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. Some items are excluded from this offer as they are consumables (e.g. UareU 4500 readers)
For the first 30 days, DelaneyBiometrics will replace or repair items under warranty at our sole discretion. Thereafter or if the issue requires a manufacturer inspection, goods will need to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection. This typically takes 4 weeks.
In the event of a refund, you should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
DelaneyBiometrics is a B2B wholesaler only, and as such all transactions are excluded from consumer legislation.