VeriFinger Standard SDK
Fingerprint identification for stand-alone or Web solutions
VeriFinger Standard SDK is intended for PC-based or Android-based biometric application development.
It includes Fingerprint Matcher and Fingerprint Extractor components, programming samples and tutorials, fingerprint scanner support modules and software documentation.
The SDK allows the development of biometric applications for Microsoft Windows,
Linux, Mac OS X and Android operating systems.
Features and Capabilities:-
- 1500+ end-user product brands in 100+ countries used the VeriFinger algorithm over the past 18 years.
- Full NIST MINEX compliance, FpVTE and FVC awards since 2000.
- Rolled and flat fingerprint matching that is tolerant to fingerprint translation, rotation and deformation.
- Compact fingerprint template and unlimited database size.
- Available as multiplatform SDK that supports multiple scanners and multiple programming languages.
- Reasonable prices, flexible licensing and free customer support.
VeriFinger SDK is based on VeriFinger fingerprint recognition technology and is intended for biometric systems developers and integrators. The SDK allows rapid development of biometric applications using functionality from the VeriFinger algorithm for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Android. VeriFinger can be easily integrated into the customer's security system. The integrator has complete control over SDK data input and output.
VeriFinger SDK includes the Device Manager library for working with the supported fingerprint readers. Integrators can also write plug-ins to support their fingerprint readers or other devices using the plug-in framework provided with the Device Manager.
The following VeriFinger (Current Version) SDKs are available:
- VeriFinger (Current Version) Standard SDK is designed for PC-based, embedded and mobile biometric application development. It includes Fingerprint Matcher and Extractor component licenses, programming samples and tutorials, fingerprint scanner support modules and software documentation. The SDK allows the development of biometric applications for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS and Android operating systems.
- VeriFinger (Current Version) Extended SDK is designed for biometric Web-based and network application development. It contains all features and components of the Standard SDK. Additionally, the SDK includes Fingerprint Client component licenses for PCs and mobile devices, sample client applications, tutorials and a ready-to-use matching server component.
The table below compares VeriFinger (Current Version) Standard SDK and VeriFinger (Current Version) Extended SDK. See the licensing model for more information on specific license types.
|Component licenses included with a specific SDK|
|Component types||VeriFinger (Current Version)
|VeriFinger (Current Version)
|Fingerprint Matcher||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Embedded Fingerprint Matcher for Android||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Embedded Fingerprint Matcher for iOS||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Embedded Fingerprint Matcher for ARM Linux||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Fingerprint Client (1)||3 single computer licenses|
|Embedded Fingerprint Client for Android||3 single computer licenses|
|Embedded Fingerprint Client for iOS||3 single computer licenses|
|Embedded Fingerprint Client for ARM Linux||3 single computer licenses|
|Fingerprint Extractor||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Embedded Fingerprint Extractor for Android||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Embedded Fingerprint Extractor for iOS||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
|Embedded Fingerprint Extractor for ARM Linux||1 single computer license||1 single computer license|
VeriFinger (Current Version) SDK includes programming samples and tutorials that show how to use the components of the SDK to perform fingerprint template extraction or matching against other templates. The samples and tutorials are available for these programming languages and platforms:
32 & 64 bit
32 & 64 bit
|Mac OS X||Android||iOS|
|• Visual Basic .NET||+|
|• Sun Java 2||+||+||+||+|
|• Visual Basic .NET||+|
|• Sun Java 2||+||+||+||+|
500 ppi is the recommended fingerprint image resolution for VeriFinger. The minimal fingerprint image resolution is 250 ppi.
All fingerprint templates should be loaded into RAM before identification, thus the maximum fingerprint templates database size is limited by the amount of available RAM.
VeriFinger biometric template extraction and matching algorithm is designed to run on multi-core processors allowing to reach maximum possible performance on the used hardware.
|VeriFinger (Current Version) fingerprint engine specifications|
|Embedded / mobile (1)
|Template extraction components||EmbeddedFingerprintExtractor||EmbeddedFingerprintClient||FingerprintExtractor||FingerprintClient|
|Template extraction time (seconds)||1.34||1.20||1.34||0.60|
|Template matching components||EmbeddedFingerprint Matcher||Fingerprint Matcher|
|Template matching speed (3)
(fingerprints per second)
|Single fingerprint record size in a template (bytes)||700 - 6,000
(1) Requires to be run on iOS devices or Android devices based on at least Snapdragon S4 system-on-chip with Krait 300 processor (4 cores, 1.51 GHz).
(2) Requires to be run on PC or laptop with at least Intel Core 2 Q9400 quad-core processor (2.67 GHz) to reach the specified performance.
(3) Speeds are provided for the maximized matching speed scenario. The templates should be extracted from images, which are not larger than 500 x 500 pixels. Setting the matching algorithm to higher accuracy or using templates from larger fingerprint images will require more powerful hardware to reach the specified speed.
Subject to stock availability, for UK shipments we use a next day courier service to mainland UK, and a 48-hour service to Ireland. Other destination in Europe are 3-5 days. The daily cut-off for dispatching goods is 11am daily. Delivery cannot be guaranteed.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world but there are Export License restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to certain international destinations. Battery shipment is also restricted by airline regulations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
We aim to accurately reflect the stock position of our warehouse, but we cannot guarantee accuracy due to multiple shipment channels.
If we experience a stock shortage, then we will aim to give to an estimated date of dispatch, and confirm more formally once the manufacturer shipment has occurred. You mat cancel your order during this process.
Our 1st inspection policy permits you to return new, unopened and unused items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. Some items are excluded from this offer as they are consumables (e.g. UareU 4500 readers)
For the first 30 days, DelaneyBiometrics will replace or repair items under warranty at our sole discretion. Thereafter or if the issue requires a manufacturer inspection, goods will need to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection. This typically takes 4 weeks.
In the event of a refund, you should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
DelaneyBiometrics is a B2B wholesaler only, and as such all transactions are excluded from consumer legislation.