Futronic FS89 FIPS201/PIV Compliant
- 0.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
FS89 FIPS201/PIV Compliant USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner
Futronic FS89 is an enhanced version of FS80 USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner from Futronic. It was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification (view PDF) for Single Finger Reader. So FS89 meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201(FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors. It is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List (http://fips201ep.cio.gov/apl.php). Check item 338. Futronic FS89 uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to meet the rigorous requirement on fingerprint image quality of PIV-071006. Its fingerprint scanning window is crown glass with a thickness of 14mm that resists scratches and other stress to ensure long term heavy duty usage. It is a robust but cost effective single finger capture device and ideal for border control| identity card| driver license| election and any type of civilian AFIS application. Special electronic circuit is built into FS88 to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). With appropriate software in PC| user can select this LFD feature so that only live finger's fingerprint will be scanned into PC. Fake fingers made from silicone rubber| play-doh| etc| will be rejected. And the LFD feature is included in all Futronic standard software. A unique serial number is factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor of each FS88. So every FS89 is traceable and this is very important for government identity management projects. Futronic FS89 provides Application Programming Interface (API) for FS89 to capture fingerprint image on the following platforms:
- Windows XP/2003| 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista/2008/2012| 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows 7/8| 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- MAC OS(version 10.5| 10.6 and 10.7| Intel CPU)
- Android 3.1 and higher with USB Host port
Futronic FS89 Specification
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 16.26 x 24.38mm
- Image resolution is 480x320 pixel| 500 DPI
- Image format is 8 bit 256 grayscale
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
- With Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature
- USB 2.0 compatible interface| plug and play device
- Unique serial number programmed to USB Device Descriptor
- With 16K Byte memory for application-specific data storage
- With a 2M standard USB cable
- Size| 55(L) x 45(W) x 20(H)mm
- Weight| 80 gram
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
Futronic FS89 Compliant to following standards
- FIPS 201/PIV 071006 Image Quality Specification
- Microsoft WHQL
- FCC and CE
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP54(scanning window only)
- IEC60950| International Electrotechnical Commission(IEC) standard for safety
- STQC(Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification)| from the Department of Electronics and Information Technology of India
Futronic FS89 Electrical characteristics
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
- Power consumption:
- active <700mW(during scanning)
- standby <200mW(when scanner is connected PC but no scanning)
- sleep mode <12.5mW(activated by standard USB bus event only)
- ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV| no permanent damage
FS89 is available for customers who want to integrate FS88 into their own products| such as handheld POS machine| portable voter registration station| etc.
FS89 is same as FS88 but without plastic shell and USB cable so that it can be embedded into any target system. It does not support Live Finger Detection(LFD). It is even smaller and lighter:
- Size| 55(L) x 45(W) x 20(H)mm
- Weight| 80 gram
Please contact Futronic for detail mechanical drawing.
Subject to stock availability, for UK shipments we use a next day courier service to mainland UK, and a 48-hour service to Ireland. Other destination in Europe are 3-5 days. The daily cut-off for dispatching goods is 11am daily. Delivery cannot be guaranteed.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world but there are Export License restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to certain international destinations. Battery shipment is also restricted by airline regulations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
We aim to accurately reflect the stock position of our warehouse, but we cannot guarantee accuracy due to multiple shipment channels.
If we experience a stock shortage, then we will aim to give to an estimated date of dispatch, and confirm more formally once the manufacturer shipment has occurred. You mat cancel your order during this process.
Our 1st inspection policy permits you to return new, unopened and unused items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. Some items are excluded from this offer as they are consumables (e.g. UareU 4500 readers)
For the first 30 days, DelaneyBiometrics will replace or repair items under warranty at our sole discretion. Thereafter or if the issue requires a manufacturer inspection, goods will need to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection. This typically takes 4 weeks.
In the event of a refund, you should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
DelaneyBiometrics is a B2B wholesaler only, and as such all transactions are excluded from consumer legislation.